Thursday, March 3, 2011

Blueprints For A Dining

carnival fritters with ... the secret ingredient!




This recipe is handed down in our family for generations now. I know for a fact that from my great-grandmother of Venice came up to me.

pancakes are very good carnival, but every time someone calls saying they are very good recipe ends up feeling the ingredients remain a stone.

Yeah, because recipe, the dough, a small dose of broth. The first time my mom told me I also have stunned but the facts are these: in Venice bisononna made them with good broth. I, modern heretical, I use the broth because I rarely die of the original broth in the house.

I know it will leave perlplessi, but if the shock will pass and you will realize that the tests are simply amazing!


Ingredients:

- 500 grams of flour 00
-
2 eggs - 100 grams of sugar
-
half a glass of milk - the juice of half an orange
- the juice of half a lemon
- a glass
liqueur brandy - 1 teaspoon baking powder
-
a pinch of salt - half cup beef stock (or cube)
- raisins
- oil for frying
- sugar to decorate

Beat eggs in a bowl with the sugar until they are foamy. Add the raisins (soaked in warm water for half an hour), orange juice and lemon juice, brandy, salt, broth and milk. Finally add the flour and baking powder sifted.
Let the dough rest overnight and the next day, mix and dilute with a little milk to make the mixture more fluid.
Heat oil in a large pan and when it is hot, pour the batter by the spoonful, to brown the fritule on both sides, drain excess oil on absorbent paper and sprinkle with granulated sugar or powdered sugar.

Try them, I guarantee that you will not regret!


Buon Appetito!

0 comments:

Post a Comment