Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Getting Rid Of Acorns In Your Yard

Torta Mimosa





Well, yes, I know, is a recipe a bit obvious from the post March 8 ...
But when I asked myself, what a sweet prepare to take to the office to my colleagues I am convinced that, as obvious, the Torta Mimosa was the most apt, especially since a long time I wanted to venture to make this cake. Was missing in my curriculum, I had to overcome! O)

I decided to make a pasta margherita, which I find easier and secure the success of the classic sponge cake. And in fact I got a spongy base, damp and very high in the right place.
I then cut into 4 discs and assembled within the springform pan to make sure that you saw their layers. I alternated until creamy pasta margherita diplomatic and I have hidden in its interior, nice chunks of strawberries (I know, I would like pineapple, but it is a fruit that does not make me mad ...).

So I wanted to effect a "mimosa", with the cubes of dough daisy, only on the surface, and leave the sides with layers visible
(it my first cake with more than 2 disks ... I really wanted to you could see the height) .

The recipe is very simple, I made the base on Sunday and Monday night I assembled with the cream.


pasta margherita base diameter 24 cm:

- 125 grams of flour 00 antigrumi Molino Chiavazza
- 125 grams of potato starch
- 1 / 2 tablespoon baking
- 6 medium eggs at room temperature
- 200 grams of powdered sugar
- 130 grams of melted butter at room temperature
- 1 pinch of salt

Separate the yolks from the whites. Whisk snow is white and put the soda in the refrigerator.
Whisk the egg yolks along with the sugar until mixture is puffy, fluffy and light, he writes. When you see come out of the air bubbles is ready. Then incorporate the egg whites with a spatula, being careful not to remove the mixture, with gentle movements from the bottom up.
When all the egg whites have been incorporated to add a little at a time, sift flour and baking powder with a pinch of salt. Always incorporate a circular motion from bottom to top, without creating lumps. When the mixture is well blended, add melted butter at room temperature and stir until it is absorbed from mixing. Grease and flour
well a cake with a zipper to 24 cm in diameter and bake at 160 degrees. I prefer to bake in the oven and cool for the first 15 minutes with only heat from below. Then I put the static oven with heat above and below for 30 minutes more at 160 ° and then lowered to 130 ° for 15 minutes. This is the method that I adopt with my oven, then everyone needs to know your oven. The important thing is to do the toothpick test before churning.
When cooked turn out the base, remove from pan and allow it to hinge down on a wire rack.
When completely cold cut into 4 discs. For the cream

diplomatic, because lack of time, I was leaning against a very useful and practical product: the cream pastry Molino Chiavazza . Otherwise, use your favorite recipe for a homemade custard.


diplomatic cream Ingredients:

- a bag of prepared custard Molino Chiavazza
- 300 ml of milk at room temperature
- 300 ml of fresh cream
- a tablespoon of powdered sugar with a whisk

mount the contents of a bag of prepared custard with 300 ml of milk at room temperature until you get a cream soda and dense.
Whip the cream and add a spoon of sugar. With
then a hand whisk to combine the two compounds resulting in a delicate diplomatic cream.


Daisy Place a disc of dough into the pan with a zipper where the base is cooked, sprinkle with a little milk (or if you prefer a wet alcoholic, I do not love them) and sprinkle with a layer of cream diplomacy. Cut the strawberries into small pieces and place on well-washed cream. Place a second circle of dough daisy, wet it with milk and repeat the layer of cream and strawberries and place on the third disc, wet, too. Sprinkle the surface of this last record with a lighter cream icing. Cut into small cubes
the remaining
disk of margherita pasta and sprinkle the surface of the cake so that they adhere to the cream, creating the effect mimosa.

Refrigerate a few hours to harden and then remove from pan and transfer onto a plate.

Garnish with any of the branches of mimosa, but only time to take pictures ... seems to be poisonous ... : O)


Buon Appetito!

March 8 And good to you all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment